Saturday, August 13, 2011

baylor white coat ceremony.

I attended Baylor College of Medicine's White Coat Ceremony Friday night for my medical school friends. I hustled after work through the medical center (fittingly) to arrive at the venue.
the hall, before our doctors-in-training walked in!

BCM brochure- right after ceremony (and celebration)
I was honored to be a part of this ceremony, and to be there for my friends taking this important step in becoming a doctor. They have been in class for two weeks, and will be "seeing patients" next week. I learned about the origin of the white coat (a wise PR move), doctor impostor syndrome, and the many hurdles FMD-future medical doctors- will face (projectile vomit from patients with stomach flu).
I couldn't be more proud of my amazing friends!
After the ceremony, I caught up with my friends (plus many more that I'd gone to school with), and we went out for dinner to celebrate. In accordance with my celebration traditions, we got some delici-o dessert!
chocolate mint mousse and turtle cake..... oh nnn
I am so proud of their accomplishments in getting to this step, and have no doubt they will breeze through school to become the awesome doctors I know they'll become. My dearest congratulations to my medical school friends! I am excited for your adventures & wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment